We LOVE to read at our home! We have stumbled upon some amazing books over the years, and we have quite the collection!
That especially rings true for Christmas books!
I am sharing our favorite Christmas books for all ages!
Picture books are great for younger children! Starting from top left!
- The Christmas Story by Patricia A. Pingry
- The Christmas Promise by Alison Mitchell
- The Advent Storybook by Laura Richie
- The Tale of the Three Trees retold by Angela Elwell Hunt
- The Nativity Set by Tamara Menges
- Christmas Begins with Christ by Gina Kirkland
- Seeing Christmas by Karen Stacy
- How Do You wish Jesus a Happy Birthday by Tamara Menges
- The Story of Christmas by Dawn Machell
- Kerrington Discovers the Meaning of Christmas (personalized book from Shutterfly!)
- Where Jesus Slept by Norma Lewis
- Saint Nicholas by Julie Stiegemeyer
- The Mouse in the Manger by Eric and Meredith Schrotenboer (not pictured, but equally as important in our list!)
These chapter books are a great read alouds for the whole family!
- Christmas Stories by Laura Ingalls Wilder (a great compilation of Christmas specific stories from Wilder’s book series)
- The Promise and the Light by Katy Morgan (This is an incredible retelling of the Christmas story, it’s incredible!)
- The Prophet, The Shepherd, and the Star by Jenny L. Cote (Oh my heart this is a BIG book, but worth the time and effort to read it! I sobbed my eyes out when Jesus was born! Please, please don’t shy away from this novel! It is a must read!)
- How Winston Delivered Christmas by Alex T. Smith (This is a fun book that includes activities and recipes you can do together along with reading the story leading up to Christmas! Side note: this is a secular book, not a Christian-based one!)
These are great books for adults to enjoy to prepare your heart to celebrate the birth of our Savior!
- The Characters of Christmas by Daniel Darling
- Come, Thou Long-expected Jesus by Nancy Guthrie (my favorite!)
- Is Christmas Unbelievable by Rebecca McLaughlin
- Hidden Christmas by Timothy Keller
There ya have it! Christmas books for the whole family to enjoy this season!
In Him, Tamara