Thanksgiving is this upon us, and a fun way to help your children and even yourself see just how much you have to be thankful for is by making a “Thankfulness Paper Chain!”
We all know the tried and true craft of paper chains. They are simple quick to make, and perfect for getting kids into a festive spirit. But, why not make it a little more meaningful by writing things that you are thankful for on each of the slips of paper.
We all have so many things to be thankful for, but a lot can get overlooked during the rush of the holiday season. This year, let’s take the time to truly see how much God has blessed us with.
How to create a Thankfulness Paper Chain:
What you need:
- Colorful thick cardstock
- A paper cutter, or scissors
- Any type of craft glue
- Markers or pen
- Simply cut paper into strips of about 1″ wide pieces.
- Write something you are thankful for on each of the pieces.
- Create a circle with the paper strip and secure the ends together with glue.
- Continue to interlock the “chains” together, and make it as long as possible! Pray aloud for each of the things you wrote down as you connect them!
- Use your thankfulness paper chain as decoration for the holidays, and let it serve as a reminder for just how much you have to be thankful for!
Ps. Don’t just have the kids do this, get in on the fun! Make it a family craft where you also write everything you are thankful for. Anything you can possibly think of to be thankful for, write it down, and watch your thankfulness paper chain grow!
Or go one step further. What a joyful way to spend time with family on Thanksgiving. Get extended family in on the fun! While everyone is spending time together before lunch or dinner, hand out slips of paper and ask them to write down different things they are thankful for!
In Him, Tamara
RELATED: Intentional Family Questions